Tuesday 12 January 2016

Choclate City Boss Audu Maikori pays touching tribute to MC Blast

Chocolate City Music group Boss, Audu Maikoro expressed shock about the death of Director MC Blast and took to social media to say:


This morning I woke up to see RIP besides your name my brother Sawula Mbutakto AKA Blast... I didn't know you had been ill, indeed when we last spoke last year you didn't even tell me anything was wrong. So you can imagine my shock when I saw your picture today. This man Blast for those of you that don't know is probably one of the most influential figures in Abuja entertainment history. He ran one of the most successful recording studios in Abuja area 3 and artists like Jeremiah Gyang MODENINE Terry Tha Rapman Age Beeka and so on recorded their hits there. He was also shooting world class videos as way back as 2004...he shot Jeremiah Gyang NaBAKa video, Gbedu for Chocolate city and for Questionmark records as well. In short the whole northern music Renaissance with peeps like Sixfootplus Eye, rule clean, Kd world records etc was greatly influenced by him. He was very professional and travelled around nigeria delivering world class productions and still finding time to discover and break .It's really a loss that he died so young and with so many dreams unfulfilled and when I say unfulfilled , I meant that just by the above, he had achieved what many hadn't in a life time but that knowing how ambitious and visionary he was he had a lot more up his sleeve.
May you rest in peace my brother. You made your mark in not just our world but to our country. Bless you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments has been received and will be published after verification. Thank You