Wednesday 30 October 2019

Adamawa State's youngest Female Pilot shares her experience


Flying planes is a heavily male dominated industry, What's it like to be a female pilot? Patience Calvin, a commercial pilot  describes how she got into the business

Patience is married and blssed with a son, The Numan indegiene  took to her social media handle to say 


"They said a Journey of a thousand Miles Begins with a Step and History was made yesterday from a bold step that was taken...It was a journey of tears and sweat which started Several years ago.It started with a Conversation with Zac Duwa and it became a reality..He believed in me,He went with me all the way for the 1st Exam,He marked my scripts at home,He made sure I had enough time to study,He was always there in days I have to return late,He encouraged me,Took care of our Little Human whenever I'm away and stays home when the need arises..Thank you so much Darl 🥰..Being the only Female in my Class plus being a management student was tasking.I was the most disadvantaged cos they all had Aviation Background.I started from the Basic which was knowing my Cardinal Points to knowing my coordinates, to Mastering Flight Planning,Radio Navigation,Aircraft Instruments and so much More..It wasnt a joke but we pulled through!The moment they know I'm from Adamawa,They come back to ask again and go like "You are from ADARMARWARH! ! 😀😂..Oh yes!I am from Adamawa.I had the most Amazing Instructors in the World.Thank God for only him made this Possible."

We at Hookup TV Celebrate women who champion the course of excellence.

Congrats to her






5 comments:

  1. So proud of you, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud to here u are from adamawa I only no capt Naomi hananiya from Hong anyway I'm a PPL license, an aeronautical Meteorologist n TV weather presenter from Adamawa too congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. BeidaBangaMadanga3 November 2019 at 08:05

    She's my sister,am proud of you Darling.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments has been received and will be published after verification. Thank You